The Combating Terrorism Center (CTC) is looking to hire for two open research / teaching positions at the level of Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor.
You will conduct research and analysis of strategic counter terrorism issues for the CTC at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, an accredited 4-year undergraduate college. Applicants must demonstrate confidence in their public speaking and teaching skills. You will be expected to teach classes to the cadets which are offered in the CTC’s Terrorism Studies Program. You may also be expected to teach in the Practitioner Education Program to provide government personnel with the education and intellectual tools they need to understand and combat terrorist threats.
Who May Apply
U.S. Citizens and Non-citizens with allegiance to the United States.
Selective Placement Factors/Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Applicants will be evaluated on the following: 1) academic accomplishment (a Master’s degree preferred or higher, that includes major study in security studies, political science, public policy, sociology, or closely related field); 2) research accomplishments in her/his respective discipline relevant to political violence; 3) communication skills; 4) teaching experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete application package by the closing date of this announcement. Application packages must include:
1. Letter of interest
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Academic transcripts
4. Relevant writing samples
5. Three references with contact information
6. Teaching evaluations (if available)
7. DD 214, if claiming veteran’s preference
8. Copy of Sponsor’s Permanent Change of Station orders and marriage certificate, if claiming military spouse preference.
In order to receive full consideration, applications should be received by 12:00 am (midnight), the closing date of this announcement. Submit your full application package to the following address:
United States Military Academy
Attn: Dr. Rachel Yon
Combating Terrorism Center
607 Cullum Road
West Point, New York 10996
You may send your resume via email to: email@example.com
Full Job Posting Details
November 14, 2018
The Center frequently has internship opportunities. As a CTC intern, you will be given the opportunity to participate in the premier research that the center conducts, which is regularly briefed to leaders in the counterterrorism community at all levels of the United States Government. In addition to assisting in research projects, you will be invited to:
- Participate in briefings to top policymakers and practitioners
- Attend selected CTC courses taught to West Point cadets
- Support other CTC programs and events
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be a current undergraduate (junior/senior) or graduate student enrolled as a degree-seeking student at an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Timing: A 10-week period of time within one of the following sessions:
- Fall 2018: September – December (Application Deadline: 5/15/2018)
- Spring 2019: January – April (Application Deadline: 10/15/2018)
- Summer 2019: May – August (Application Deadline: 12/15/2018)
Work commitment is full-time, 40 hours a week
Required Application Materials
Cover letter: 1 page in length, should include the applicant’s desired internship semester and describe the applicant’s area of interest in terrorism and counterterrorism policy.
Transcripts (unofficial transcripts acceptable)
Send completed application materials as one PDF file to Daniel Milton (Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org)